Welcome to the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
The Standard of the World
WELCOME to the online home of the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
Please take time to browse our site. We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can make it better.
Not long after its humble beginnings in 1902, Cadillac gained the reputation of being in a league of its own! From Henry Leland’s passion for close tolerances and parts interchangeability (which led to its first Dewar Trophy in 1908, and the adoption of the slogan “Standard of the World”), there has been no car quite like a Cadillac!
Charles Kettering’s self-starter would earn the 1912 Cadillac the nickname “The Car That Has No Crank,” and his electric lights developed the same year would lead to a second Dewar trophy. Harley Earl’s LaSalle was another first for Cadillac in that it was the first car in which styling was considered equally important to the engineering task!
Our Club, likewise, had humble beginnings in 1999, but we strive to be the best—the STANDARD of car clubs–the club by which all others are compared!
Please peruse our site, view some of the pictures of some of our members and their cars, scan a few of our newsletters and you’ll discover many of the great people and events which makes our car community what it is. Then click the “JOIN US” link, and be a part of our association.
We come from many backgrounds, but what draws us together is our love for our cars! If you like old Cadillacs and LaSalles and enjoy socializing, come join us.
Here are our next club events to which you may look forward in 2020:
(Please consult your copy of “The Voice” for dates and times or go to the “Members Only page”. They are not published here for reasons of security):
- February 2020: Our annual Valentine’s luncheon to honor the ladies of our club.
- April 2020: A driving tour down the historical White Pole Road in central Iowa.
- May 2020: Our spring weekend retreat in Okoboji and Spirit Lake areas including a tour of the Indian Motorcycle Factory in Spirit Lake.
- Early-June 2020: The Cadillac & LaSalle Club Grand National in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Late-June 2020: Our annual Olmsted-Urban House Ice Cream Social in Urbandale, Iowa.
- Early-July 2020: A joint gathering with the Hawkeye Chapter of the Buick Club of America in Gilbert, Iowa.
- Late-July 2020: A regional club picnic in Corydon, Iowa.
- Early-August 2020: A summer weekend retreat in Galena, Illinois including a driving tour through various historical and scenic locations in northeast Iowa and northwest Illinois.
- Late-August 2020: The CLC National Driving Tour in northwest Oregon and southwest Washington State.
- Early-September 2020: Our annual participation in the Des Moines Concours d’Elegance weekend extravaganza in downtown Des Moines.
- Late-September 2020: Our annual participation in the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum’s Fall Festival at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan.
- October 2020: A trip up to the Hansen Dairy Farm in Hudson, Iowa with lunch at Smokie G’s Barbecue in Marshalltown.
- December 2020: Our annual Christmas luncheon and gift exchange.
Steve Fox, Director
Iowa CrossRoads Region CLC
- See the CLC Facebook page for all the latest news.
- See the CLC Youtube channel for related videos
- CLCMRC Auction June 12 – 1972 Eldorado
- "The Self-Starter" May 2019 – Teasers
- President's Message – May 2019
- "The Self-Starter" Teasers – March 2019
- President's Message – March 2019
- "The Self-Starter" Teasers – Feb 2019
- President's Message – Feb 2019
- "The Self-Starter" teasers – January 2019
- President's Message – January 2019
- Self-Starter Teasers – November 2018
- President's Message – November 2018
- Self-Starter Teasers – Oct 2018
- President's Message – October 2018
- 2019 CLC Museum & Research Center Calendar Photo Contest
- "The Self-Starter" teasers – Sep 2018
- CLC GNs: What, who, where, how?
- Vice President's Message – July 2018
- The Self-Starter Teasers – July 2018
- Presidents Message – July 2018
- "The Self-Starter" Teasers – June 2018
- CLC President's Message – June 2018
- "The Self-Starter" Teasers – May 2018
- VP National Activities Message
Current year’s newsletters are abridged. Full version is available to members in the Members’ Only Area!