Welcome to the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
The Standard of the World
WELCOME to the online home of the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
Please take time to browse our site. We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can make it better.
Not long after its humble beginnings in 1902, Cadillac gained the reputation of being in a league of its own! From Henry Leland’s passion for close tolerances and parts interchangeability (which led to its first Dewar Trophy in 1908, and the adoption of the slogan “Standard of the World”), there has been no car quite like a Cadillac!
Charles Kettering’s self-starter would earn the 1912 Cadillac the nickname “The Car That Has No Crank,” and his electric lights developed the same year would lead to a second Dewar trophy. Harley Earl’s LaSalle was another first for Cadillac in that it was the first car in which styling was considered equally important to the engineering task!
Our Club, likewise, had humble beginnings in 1999, but we strive to be the best—the STANDARD of car clubs–the club by which all others are compared!
Please peruse our site, view some of the pictures of some of our members and their cars, scan a few of our newsletters and you’ll discover many of the great people and events which makes our car community what it is. Then click the “JOIN US” link, and be a part of our association.
We come from many backgrounds, but what draws us together is our love for our cars! If you like old Cadillacs and LaSalles and enjoy socializing, come join us.
Here are our next club events to which you may look forward in 2018:
(Please consult your copy of “The Voice” for dates and times or go to the “Members Only page”. They are not published here for reasons of security):
- August 2018: A a regional club picnic in Corydon, Iowa (drive your classic automobile).
- September 2018: Our annual participation in the Des Moines Concours d’Elegance weekend extravaganza at Pappajohn Sculpture Park in downtown Des Moines AND the Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum’s Fall Festival at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan.
- October 2018: To Be Announced.
- November 2018: Tour of the Iowa Aviation Museum in Greenfield, Iowa.
- December 2018: Our annual Christmas luncheon and gift exchange in Ankeny, Iowa.
Iowa CrossRoads Region CLC
Current year’s newsletters are abridged. Full version is available to members in the Members’ Only Area!