Welcome to the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
The Standard of the World
WELCOME to the online home of the Iowa CrossRoads Region of the Cadillac and LaSalle Club!
Please take time to browse our site. We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can make it better.
Not long after its humble beginnings in 1902, Cadillac gained the reputation of being in a league of its own! From Henry Leland’s passion for close tolerances and parts interchangeability (which led to its first Dewar Trophy in 1908, and the adoption of the slogan “Standard of the World”), there has been no car quite like a Cadillac!
Charles Kettering’s self-starter would earn the 1912 Cadillac the nickname “The Car That Has No Crank,” and his electric lights developed the same year would lead to a second Dewar trophy. Harley Earl’s LaSalle was another first for Cadillac in that it was the first car in which styling was considered equally important to the engineering task!
Our Club, likewise, had humble beginnings in 1999, but we strive to be the best—the STANDARD of car clubs–the club by which all others are compared!
Please peruse our site, view some of the pictures of some of our members and their cars, scan a few of our newsletters and you’ll discover many of the great people and events which makes our car community what it is. Then click the “JOIN US” link, and be a part of our association.
We come from many backgrounds, but what draws us together is our love for our cars! If you like old Cadillacs and LaSalles and enjoy socializing, come join us.
Here are some of the events you may look forward to in 2017:
(Please consult your copy of “The Voice” for dates and times Or go to the “Members Only page”. They are not published here for reasons of security):
- January 2017: No meeting or touring event in January.
- February 2017: Valentine’s Luncheon to honor our ladies in the club at Miss Spenser’s Tea Room in New Virginia.
- March 2017: Lunch at Gramma’s Kitchen and a tour of the new, expanded exhibits at Iowa-80 Trucking Museum in Walcott.
- April 2017: A Spring antique adventure in Walnut.
- May 2017: Weekend getaway at Lake Okoboji including Okoboji Classic Cars and other fine amusements.
- Early June 2017: Scandinavian Days Car Show in Story City.
- Late June 2017: Olmsted House Ice Cream Social in Urbandale.
- July 2017: Adams County Tour including Johnny Carson’s Birthplace, Corning Opera House and R&S Collectibles Showroom in Corning.
- August 2017: AACA Mississippi Valley Region Central Fall Meet and Car Show in Bettendorf.
- Early September 2017: Des Moines Concours d’Elegance at Pappajohn Sculture Park in Des Moines.
- Late September 2017: Cadillac Fall Festival at the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, Michigan.
- October 2017: Overnight weekend touring event to House on the Rock & Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin House in Spring Green.
- November 2017: Kinze Innovation Center & Weekday Factory Tour in Williamsburg.
- December 2017: Holiday Luncheon and touring event in central Iowa. (location to be determined).
Iowa CrossRoads Region CLC
Cadillac & LaSalle Club
Current year’s newsletters are abridged. Full version is available to members in the Members’ Only Area!